White Paper Information
White Paper Final (Posted May 2, 2006)
Information For Break-out Groups
All attendees are invited to participate in the Break-out groups and the following plenary
discussion to contribute to the development of a list of recommendations to be made to
NASA Headquarters on topics and issues related to the current status and future of NASA's Laboratory Astrophysics Research program. Detailed information on the solicitation of community input to NASA's Universe Mission will be available at the Workshop.
Group #1: Atomic Astrophysics
Group #2: Molecular Astrophysics
Group #3: Dust & Ices in Astrophysics
Group #4: Solar System
Break-out Group Details
- A sign-up list will be circulated early in the Workshop (Tuesday) so that attendees can indicate in which Break-out group they will participate. We need to match the group size with the satellite conference room capacity.
- The meeting will be from 9:00 am to noon on Thursday, February 16 (the meeting room for each group will be announced with directions given on Wednesday).
- The satellite conference rooms are supplied with flip charts, overhead pro jectors, trans-parencies, and pens.
- A guideline for the group discussions is made available at the Workshop.
- Each group will be co-chaired by members of the SOC.
- Co-chairs are asked to compile a list of participants in the group.
- The co-chairs from each break-out group will prepare a 15-minute overview of the groups' discussions and present it during the Thursday afternoon plenary session.