abstract and registration for meeting

Dear Workshop Organizers,
Please find attached an abstract
  Experimental and Theoretical Studies of Pressure Broadened
  Alkali-Metal Atom Resonance Lines
by Shindo, Zhu, Kirby, and Babb
for the Laboratory Astrophysics meeting
and my registration form.
Sincerely,
Dr. James F. Babb

Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics   Phone: +1(617) 496-7612
MS 14, 60 Garden St., Cambridge, MA 02138     Fax:   +1(617) 496-7668
http://cfa-www.harvard.edu/~babb           >-> jbabb@cfa.harvard.edu <-<

%
% NASA LAW 2006
%
\documentclass{article}

\begin{document}

\title{Experimental and Theoretical Studies of Pressure Broadened
Alkali-Metal Atom Resonance Lines}

\author{Fran\c{c}ois Shindo \and Cheng Zhu \and Kate Kirby \and James Babb}

\date{6 January 2005}

\maketitle

\begin{abstract}
  The pressure-broadened absorption lines of the alkali-metal atoms
  are prominent in the spectra of L-dwarfs and T-dwarfs.  In
  particular, the resonance lines of sodium and potassium are each
  observed to be broadened by many tens of nm on either side of line
  center due to collisions with helium and molecular hydrogen in the
  atmospheres.  Accurate broadening parameters are necessary for
  modeling atmospheric opacities. Validated models can be used to
  characterize properties such as metallicity and effective
  temperature of dwarfs or predict spectra of irradiated extrasolar
  giant planets, in advance of missions such as TPF-C.  We are
  undertaking a program of experimental and theoretical studies of the
  pressure broadening of Na and K by He and $\textrm{H}_2$.  The
  experiment utilizes a hot cell and spectrometer to yield absorption
  spectra over the visible spectrum at temperatures of around 900~K
  and perturber gas pressures of up to several hundred torr.  The
  atomic densities are known precisely using the anomalous dispersion
  (or ``hook'') method.  The theoretical calculations utilize accurate
  molecular potential energies and transition dipole moments and fully
  quantum-mechanical methods.  We will present our results and
  comparisons to available data, where available.  Supported by NASA
  under award NAG5-12751.
\end{abstract}

\end{document}

Registration form
Last name: Babb
First name: James
Middle name/initial: F
Affiliation: Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics
Street Address: MS 14, 60 Garden St.
City: Cambridge
State: MA
Postal Code: 02138
Country: USA
Tel: +1(617) 496-7612
Fax: +1(617) 496-7668
E mail: jbabb@cfa.harvard.edu
Citizenship*: USA
Abstract title "Experimental and Theoretical Studies of Pressure Broadened
Alkali-Metal Atom Resonance Lines"
Special requirements:
*Non-US citizens should contact Cara Loomis if travel reimbursement for the Workshop is required.