abstract and registration submission

Dear Meeting Organizer,

Attached, please find an abstract for a poster presentation for NASA meeting. The registration
information is also attached. I am out of town right now, but I'll mail the registration fee as
soon as I get back to Berkeley.

If you have any trouble in retrieving the file, please let me know.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
Young Min Rhee

Title:
Quantum chemical characterization of dimeric polyaromatic hydrocarbons

Author(s):
Young Min Rhee
Timothy J. Lee
Martin Head-Gordon

Abstract:
Polyaromatic hydrocarbon (PAH) has been considered to be an important interstellar species for a relatively long time because of its possible linkage to lifeforms.  Despite its importance, however, interactions of individual PAH molecules have not been well understood.  In this study, characteristics of dimers of various PAHs are investigated using ab initio quantum chemical approach.  It is found that various homo- and heterodimers can be formed with significant stability especially from cationic monomers, which may exist in abundance in the interstellar space.  Such dimeric species are also found to have strong absorption features in a wide range of wavelengths.  It is hypothesized that the combination of the stability and the large absorptivity can lead to chemical reactions between monomers, opening a possible route to the growth of PAH and other organic substances in space.
Registration form
Last name:                      Rhee
First name:                     Young
Middle name/initial:            M
Affiliation:                    UC Berkeley
Street Address:                 Department of Chemistry, University of California
City:                           Berkeley
State:                          CA
Postal Code:                    94720
Country:                        US
Tel:                            510-642-9304
Fax:
E mail:                         ymrhee@berkeley.edu
Citizenship*:                   Korea
Abstract title                  Quantum chemical characterization of dimeric polyaromatic hydrocarbons
Special requirements:
*Non-US citizens should contact Cara Loomis if travel reimbursement for the Workshop is required.