Name the lawyers!
We try to be comprehensive, but we may not have found all of them!
Send additions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated February 20, 1997.
- Gil Garcetti, the DA. I'm sure he wishes now that he had never been
associated with the case.
- Marcia Clark
- Christopher Darden (was once a friend of Johnnie Cochran)
- Brian "let me demonstrate that" Kellberg. Nine days direct examination of Dr.
- George "Woody" Clarke (from San Diego)
DNA. No relation to Marcia Clark!
- Rock Harmon (from Alameda D. A.)
- Lydia Bodin
- David Wooden
- Hank Goldberg
- Cheri Lewis
(NOTE: This is not the same person as Shari Lewis who associates with Lamb Chop, Hush
Puppy, and Charley Horse).
- Scott Gordon
- William Hodgeman (had a heart attack)
- Alan Yochelson
- Darrell Mavis
- Kenneth Lynch
- Lisa Kahn (had a baby). She argued California's first DNA case.
- David Conn. He was involved only in the early stages, handling the
grand jury questioning along with Marcia Clark. Conn went on to be the
lead prosecutor in the Menendez Brothers Trial, Part II.
- Daniel Petrocelli, lawyers for Brown and Goldman families in the
- Peter Gelblum, lawyer for Brown and Goldman families in the civil
- Gloria Allred, lawyer for Brown family. Prominent feminist. Divorced 4
times, which is a lot even for California.
- Ms. Coleman, from the DA's office, who told Marcia Clark not to put
Fuhrman on the stand.
- Johnnie Cochran (the smoothie)
- Robert Shapiro (mute for months)
- F. Lee Bailey (cross-examined Fuhrman)
- Alan Dershowitz (the rumor in legal circles is that he was hired so he
couldn't be a kibitzer from the outside.)
- Carl Douglas
- Peter Neufeld (interrogated Dr. Robin Cotton at great length about
- William C. Thompson. DNA specialist, colleague of Scheck and
- Robert Blazier
- Karen Filipi. Worked in Shapiro's office, was listed in questionaire
submitted to jurors.
- Barry Scheck
- Gerald Uelman
- Sara L. Caplan from Shapiro's office.
- Kenneth Spaulding (North Carolina lawyer: added to get McKinney tapes
- Shawn Chapman (from Cochran's office)
- Robert "what luggage?" Kardashian
- Howard Weitzman (quit after 36 hours!) He was OJ's attorney in the 1989 beating
- Robert Craig Baker - OJ lawyer in civil suit brought by Brown family
and Fred Goldman.
- Philip Baker - member of OJ's civil defense team, son of Bob Baker.
- Mr. Mounger - Fuhrman's criminal defense attorney.
- Skip Taft. Included for completeness, although not a trial lawyer.
He handled OJ's financial planning.
Maya Hamburger, representing Marguerite Simpson Thomas. That's her
real name! Now if Maya Hamburger married Felix Frankfurter (former
Supreme Court justice), her name would be Maya Hamburger Frankfurter. Before
some irate reader sends an email with the nit-picking objection that
such a thing is impossible, because Frankfurter is DEAD, let me quickly point something out: In California,
minor obstacles like this do not impede a celebrity marriage. For
wouldn't stop Anna Nicole Smith.
Robert Tourtelot, one of Mark Fuhrman's lawyers.
Daniel Petrocelli, lawyer for the Brown and Goldman families in the civil case.
This page is still under construction because we may not have found all
the lawyers. However, we have found quite a few of them. Thanks to Judy M., self-confessed trial addict, for providing five names. Thanks also to M. L.
R. for providing nine (!!) names! Thanks also to Mike Fairbanks.